Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 February 2013

Adventure or just plain insanity?

After a career spanning 34 years I have opted to take voluntary redundancy - foolish, maybe.  Risky, undoubtedly.  Daring, exciting and liberating ....... hell yes!

Strangely enough I have had few, if any, moments of doubt.  Instead I have been overcome with a sense of relief and feeling of hope.  Also the realisation that I have spent the last 18 months wasting precious time working in an industry I no longer believe in - smothered in self doubt, negativity and a lack of passion for a role I once loved.

As an avid traveller for many years I have always held a certain curiosity for our cousins over 'The Pond' and have a desire to see more of the States.  This, coupled with some romantic notion of travelling on a sleeper train,  bought me to the Amtrak website!

So I am planning a coast to coast round trip, by rail, of the USA.

Taking in 10 cities,  13 rail segments and the States of Illinois, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, California, Arizona, Kansas, Virginia and the District of Columbia (DC), I will be leaving England on April 2nd - returning 3 weeks later.

Maybe you would like to share the adventure with me on here .....................

1 comment:

  1. Hats off to you Andi! Have the time of your life! This could be the start of lots of amazing adventures, looking forward to reading all about it!..... Cup if tea in hand of course! Take lots of piccys! Hx

    ReplyDelete