Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 March 2013

The Roomette

As I mentioned before - part of my trip is to satisfy my romantic notion of sleeping aboard a train - During 5 of the long segments of my journey, I have booked, what Amtrak loving call, a Roomette!

The Roomette serves as a compartment with 2 seats and a table during the day but at night converts into the perfect bedroom - complete with 2 bunks and washing facilities.






Depending on the train type the compartment has windows that can be looked through at both bunk levels and of course curtains to ensure a good nights rest.

However ............ Imagine leaving the curtain open so that you are woken by the Sun rising over the central American plains or approaching the magnificent skyline of Chicago or the 'Mile high city' of Denver - such imagery has been filling my dreams for the last week!



Part of the inclusive Roomette package is all meals during the trip.

Now having been to America several times before I have been just a tad worried that I will have to live on huge beef burgers for the entire trip - but a little research has settled the nerves and I will indeed be able to eat fruit and vegetables, at least aboard the train!!



 
 

The excitement is continuing to build as my thoughts now turn to suitable luggage for travelling light and the least amount of clothes and shoes needed for the trip - this is proving to be just as taxing as planning the ticket bookings and having decided to treat myself to Upper class travel with Virgin Atlantic, the required dress code for the flight!!!

decisions decisions decisions .........................

No comments:

Post a Comment