Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Upper class Virgin

The Virgin Clubhouse at Heathrow was everything I'd heard it would be and more - it took all my willpower to stop myself from shouting whoop whoop and I tried my best to look like I frequented VIP lounges on a regular basis - although I almost lost it when Judith rang to see how it was all going!







After a hearty breakfast of egg royale washed down with bucks fizz  I checked into the spar area. A restless night and an impromptu nap on the coach down the previous afternoon had left me with a sore neck however a neck and back massage soon sorted that out!



Once seated on the plane we were immediately given another glass of champagne whilst the other passengers boarded.

I sat opposite a lady who, like me, obviously hadn't travelled in upper class before. I was again struggling with my desire to whoop as I watched her familiarise herself with the reclining seat/bed, personal TV screen, games controller,bendy reading light and flight goody bag. After being offered a second glass of champagne she finally reclined in her seat and proceeded to giggle uncontrollably - as I looked around the cabin I caught the eye of several other passengers who, like myself, knew exactly how she felt.  Finally, after being reprimanded by her teenage son, she fell asleep under her pure cotton duvet!

As the flight continued I was really pleased I had taken Kristina's advice to treat myself - the whole experience was one I will always remember and certainly makes flying a delight - the traditional English afternoon tea was spectacular.

Virgin Atlantic's advertising slogan is 'effortless' and it certainly is!

No comments:

Post a Comment